Monday 26 March 2012

Off to a Great Start! Getting What You Want Out of Each Day


Day 1

Awake: 6:12am

Left for Work: 7:03

Video: TEDxTalks - Billy Collins - Everyday moments, caught in time

Creativity is a blossom. You can take its seed when you see it, or you can depend on a windy day for it to blow into your lap.  A burgeoning idea, though, can act as a force for creating your own seeds. People get stuck on the notion of inspiration as a means to achieve creativity, but here's what struck me: if creativity "came" to people, as they say it does, it would not be called creating, but perhaps mediating, for the idea, the inspiration, couldnt really be yours in the first place. Now one could say that in this age, few ideas are really original, or even personal, but the point of the matter remains that if we are to work towards the inspiration with which to create, and find it within ourselves, we are more likely to be authentic.

I have a habit of taking the things that inspire me and running with them - for a day or two, but never longer.  For ages, I tried to daw them out, to drag one tiny idea over a million days. Today, i truly realized that, though this may work for some people, it cannot work for me.  It is up to me to find a new inspiration each and every day, and to float upon that notion as it takes me anywhere I want to go.  NO FORCED IDEAS. NO CONSTRAINTS. JUST THE SIMPLE THOUGHT THAT I AM FREE TO CREATE IN ANY WAY THAT I INSPIRE WITHIN MYSELF.

For myself, I must make my own creativity. It is neccessary that I inspire myself. External encounters may be seeds from time to time, but if I create my own blossoms, soon I will have enough of them to harvest my own seeds.

:)

Each day is a ditch
filled with rocks -
some are smooth;
most
are sharp.

If you step on enough
of the sharp rocks,
isn't it true
that you don't feel
their bites?

Some may say
that's logic.
I say:
that's life.

Many sharp rocks
may give me calloused feet,
but those who step
on a single sharp rock
are likely going to
bleed.


No comments:

Post a Comment